Hey guys so today in class Day 5 Period 5, Mr. Baké told us a question that everyone was struggling with so here is the question:
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
What is the difference between an oblique and a diagonal?
So here's my solution on how i figured out this question,
In my opinion an Oblique line and a diagonal are both similar to each other because
A Diagonal line joins a two non-adjacent vertice's of a polygon
An Oblique line of symmetry is a slanted line rather then horizontal or vertical.
After Mr. Baké told us it was homework he handed out our tests back and reviewed over all the questions on the Symmetry test so here are the answers if u guys didn't know:
1. In the figure, the dashed line represents:
C.An oblique line of symmetry
2. In the design below, the dashed line represents:
A. A horizontal line of symmetry
3.What is the angle of rotation in the figure?
B. 60 degrees
4. The image shown below is the flag of Canada. The flag shows:
D. A vertical line of symmetry
5. The design has rotation symmetry. What is the angle of rotation of the design?
A. 15 degrees because it has 24 points divide 360 by 24 and you get 15 degrees.
6.The following figure demonstrates a picture with Q's that are differently placed:
B. It has a lack of symmetry
7. Figure 2 results from:
A. It is a reflection of Figure 1 about the y-axis
8. How many lines of symmetry does the figure have?
D. 6 because it is an octagon
9. The word bid is an example of a word:
This question got really confusing when people did there test because a lot of people thought the word bid was gonna be a defining word but it was wrong, it is a part of line symmetry and the line symmetry it has is with a vertical line of symmetry.
10.What is the order of rotation for the figure?
D. 6, because it has 6 sides
11. What type of symmetry is shown by the playing card?
C. It only has rotation symmetry
12. The playing card shows an example of
B. it also has rotation symmetry
13. Oblique line of symmetry
14.Vertical line of symmetry
15.Line of reflection or Line of symmetry
17.Horizontal line of symmetry
19. The half figure of your shape has lines of symmetry , a vertical line of symmetry, horizontal line of symmetry, oblique line of symmetry, and Rotation Symmetry
20. You were suppose to rotate your image using the origin as the rotation center 180 degrees.
Also stating the coordinates of the rotated points.
So as for now here are the coordinates for u guys to make the shape :)
A (8,6) turns into (-8,-6) D (7,3) turns into (-7,-3)
B (2,8) turns into (-2,-8) E (7,5) turns into (-7,-5)
C (5,3) turns into (-5,3) F (8,5) turns into (-8,-5)
So after we reviewed our Symmetry test mostly everyone started to talk and chat and some did their work but homework was the Show you know on Pages 29-31 and including the Check Your Understanding
And also play:
The next scribe I choose is .................. uhmmm RUEBEN!! >:)